Our Smoothwall Pipe is made with a white, high density polyethylene layer around a black polyethylene core to form a lightweight pipe with excellent beam stiffness.
Additional Popular Documents
Meeting ASTM F810, Smoothwall is very popular for sanitary leach field use because of its low cost, large perforations, and high beam strength when compared to singlewall perforated polyethylene pipe. Beam strength is a measure of the stiffness of a pipe in the longitudinal direction. Because Smoothwall is relatively stiff in the longitudinal direction, it can easily be laid straight and "true to line and grade." Smoothwall pipe requires a stone backfill/envelope to allow it to function effectively for leach field applications.
Features and Benefits
- Provides for safe, easy, efficient installations without breaking, splitting or cracking, and is more impact–resistant than PVC, ABS or Styrene
- Triplewall/Smoothwall is more durable than PVC in low temperature applications and will not crack under low weight loads
- Non-corrosive and is unaffected by fertilizer and herbicidal chemicals
- Impact resistant and can be installed in subzero temperatures
- Can be used for all your turf drainage needs as well as sidewalk culverts and onsite waste management system