Barracuda® Hydrodynamic Separator
The Barracuda is market-changing, stormwater quality technology. A high-performance, vortex hydrodynamic separator, the Barracuda removes total suspended solids (TSS) and offers quick installation and multiple pipe configurations.
Use our new Water Quality Design Tool featuring the Barracuda.
3 Product Variations
- ADS Barracuda Sell Sheet (PDF - 271 KB)
- Barracuda S4, S6 & S8 Concrete Installation Guide (PDF - 405 KB)
- StormTech + Barracuda Standard Detail (DWG - 517 KB)
- StormTech + Barracuda Standard Detail (PDF - 335 KB)
- TN 1.08 Oil Spill Storage Capacities for BaySeparator Barracuda WQU (PDF - 361 KB)
The Barracuda is a high-performance vortex hydrodynamic separator designed to remove suspended solids in order to protect the public waterways from pollutants of concern.
Named for its “teeth”, a revolutionary design feature, the Barracuda system mitigates turbulence in the sump area to prevent resuspension of captured contaminants. The apparatus is fabricated and designed for quick and easy field assembly. Plus, it’s easy to maintain using a vacuum truck or comparable equipment.
The Barracuda is an inline stormwater treatment unit capable of conveying 100% of the design peak flow and built to remove at least 80% of the suspended solids on an annual aggregate removal basis.
Features and Benefits
- Single manhole design
- Variable inlet/outlet angle configurations (not just 180 degree orientation)
- Internal bypass for inline installation (where applicable)
- All units can be installed into a standard precast manhole
- 4’ units can be factory fabricated in HP manholes for quick delivery with a light, easy to install structure
- In-stock components for quick delivery.
- No elevation loss between the inlet and outlet
- Surface inspection and maintenance with no confined space entry.
Ready to Purchase?
It's quick and easy to connect to a representative.Find a Rep